Shifting Cynicism

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Slowly picking up

The year is almost over.

For the last few months things were very uncertain at work. Management changes, work plan changes, and i have even heard a rumour about my being 'on the list' of people deemed redundant. Really there isnt much that I can do and when if it really happens i will just have to accept it.

I'm pretty pleased with my apartment. Just having a place to relax, cook my food on weekends, watched dvd's on the flatscreen and surf the net in private is enough make me feel close to bliss.

I still need to change my car, but with all these uncertainties at work i just do not dare. Only when i get a new car - that volvo S40 looks tempting - will i consider myself to be standing again.

One thing that sometimes bug me considerably is the loneliness, and anxiety about not having found anyone. My fear, and this horrifying vision I had when i was younger - of being 35 and still sitting alone playing my guitar is very, very close to becoming a reality.

The year had been hard, uncertain and lonely but at least I managed to crawl out of my shit. I feel things are picking up, but this job uncertainties threatens to unravel all this development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home