Shifting Cynicism

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Summary

A year of hard work, uncertainty and anxiety but of considerable improvement in finances. These were the highlights:

1. Work

Unbelievable really…after more than year working I still feel so unsettled, and that I could lose my job at any moment. It was so hard and lonely - I have absolutely no friend at the workplace, and have almost no support from anyone but plenty of opposition to my job. I couldn’t sleep many nights and almost hand in my resignation after that early morning bust-up with PD one day.
Speaking of PD, he was one person that completely dominated my thoughts for almost the entire year. An almost impossible person to work with I had to endure painful days with him until one day, like I had wished for so fervently, a change of management resulted in myself not having to report to him again. Unbelievable though, many things I wished for at work did come true – one after another – like there was some magic at work.

2. CT

My new apartment, what can I say? I absolutely, absolutely love it. Enough said. Waited forever to own something like this but finally its mine. A city apartment, and that golf course view is just unbelievable.

3. Vietnam

Another of those places that I so dreamed of going, and finally got the chance to do so. Too bad our projects there appear dead for now. Met a girl whom I thought was close to perfect, and who appeared (unbelievably) smitten by me. The most unforgettable thing about Vietnam however were the massages and handjobs I got at the hotel in Dalat. Unbelievably good, in a posh room and by ladies so pretty it took some believing.

4. Shanghai

Finally got the monkey off my back, it was a pleasant but not particularly memorable trip. It felt amazingly good however, to have been able to travel at my own expense and in comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home