Shifting Cynicism

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

L'amant

What an amazing trip..

I was very apprehensive about this trip at first, couldn't slept the night before. at the airport i got dismayed at the shabby conditions and the long wait, and i was particularly worried about bumping into someone - flying low cost, alone, with an unclear motive.

yet, i had to get away from everything. it had been a while since i last travelled. all those women i dated, and all those other bitches who were trying to get near me had become pretty overwhelming. the holiday was gonna be long, and i wanted to escape to somewhere exotic.

the cramped conditions in the plane and the heat gave me a slight headache and at that moment i really regretted having spending my money for this discomfort. i was also feeling unsure and anxious of how things will turn out.

two hours later i had arrived in saigon, it was 330 pm.

i showed the address that quin gave me, but the taxi driver had a problem finding it. after a few phone calls to quin, and asking for directions he finally found it. the room was OK, only thing it was on the ground floor and had no view. I got it changed the next day. it costed only USD20.

my head was still throbbing slightly and it was some 3 hours before quin would be available. i tried to take a nap but couldn't but it was sufficient rest at the hotel room.

whe she arrived, she looked just like i expected. Pretty, almost like Jolin. She cam on her motorbike we headed out straight. First she told me to ride the bike. I declined, havent been riding a bike for so long. Even if i could the traffic in saigon was extremely scary and used a different direction. To my surprise she insisted so i had no chance but to try my best. After only a few wobbly metres she told me to stop, and took over.

Riding a bike in Saigon was one amazing experience. Never before had i seen so many motorbikes on the road, and i just could not believe how everyone managed to move without banging on each other. Riding pillon, i kept holding on to my knee caps, worrying they could kncok into something and shatter.

we had a simple dinner of pho', i had to have two bowls. our conversation was casual, she was a pretty smart girl although her english was not perfect. As the night wore out, i kept thinking of how hot she was. riding on the bike, being so close to her actually made me feel great.

after dinner she took me to a cafe, which i thought was very cozy and nice. the entrance was through some backlane somewhere but once inside i was pretty amazed, we had some drinks, then one of her friends - eve -came and join us. i wanted to stay longer but my head was still aching from the flight and i couln't help yawning. she had to work the next day, so eve had volunteered to take me around on her bike. she had just graduated and was going to be free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home